Generation Connection Expectations
Lapeer County Concert Choir
The goal of the Generation Connection program is to provide an advanced choral music experience for young people who are musically motivated and have the emotional maturity to participate in the musical experiences and requirements of an adult community choir.
- Meet the minimum age and grade requirement of 13 years old and/or eighth grade.
- Be sponsored and mentored by an active member of the Lapeer County Concert Choir.
- Be a proficient music reader.
- Be actively involved in age appropriate musical experiences such as private lessons, choir,
band, or church opportunities.
- Have an interest in participating at a higher level of musical expectations in a community
- Have the emotional maturity to function in an adult environment.
- Adhere to the same guidelines and expectations for all choir members, as outlined in the choir
handbook, including preparation for and attendance at weekly rehearsals, Saturday choir
retreat, and concerts. It will be the responsibility of the sponsor/mentor that the youth
member will understand and adhere to these guidelines and expectations.
- There would be a two-rehearsal probationary period to verify this opportunity is mutually
beneficial for both the applicant and the choir.
- The applicant would complete a vocal interview with the music director for the choir.