In just a few weeks...

More
2 months 1 week ago #186 by Dr. Eddie Howell
In just a few weeks we will begin our 51st season - "Pilgrims on a Journey." I am sharing a note with you about the many opportunities we offer as a choir. I have asked Pam to post it on our community Facebook page. I hope you will take time to share it with family and friends and prospective singers for the choir.

We are looking forward to beginning our 51st season on Monday evening, September 10, 7:00 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church in Lapeer. The theme for our fall concert season is “Pilgrims on a Journey Bound for Bethlehem.” New singers are always welcome and there are no audition requirements.

We are more than just a community choir that rehearses and sings four concerts a year. Let me tell you about all the things we do.

First, through our “Generations Connection” opportunity high school age singers are invited to sing with the choir. Each youth will have an adult member of the choir to serve as their mentor during this musical journey.

Second, the “LCCC Music Scholarship” program provides scholarship opportunities to provide financial assistance for middle school and high school choral musicians to attend a summer music camp. The scholarship is also available to college age singers who are actively involved in singing with the choir and attending college or vocational school.

Third, “Flint Firebirds Pre-game Ceremonies.” Several times throughout the year the choir actively supports this minor hockey league team by singing both the Canadian and U.S. national anthems before each game. This year we have been invited to sing for the opening home game on Saturday, September 29, in addition to other home games.

Fourth, the “Downtown Lapeer Summer Concert Series,” enables us to prepare and present an evening of fun and entertaining concert music on a Thursday evening at the farmer’s market pavilion.

I am excited to share with you a new upcoming community-wide opportunity scheduled for Saturday evening, September 15 – a “LCCC Community Sing-A-Long.” This free event will be a time to come together for a time of fun singing
as a community. Sarah Gardner is spearheading is event. Watch for the upcoming details on this event.

Thank you for supporting your community choir. I look forward to seeing you at one of our many musical events for the coming season.

Dr. Eddie Howell
Music Director/Conductor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds