LCCC 51st Season (Fall 2018 & Spring 2019)

on on . Hits: 98

Calling all LCCC Members- past and present, as well as potential new members,

We are excited to announce a delightful selection of choral music for the upcoming 2018-2019 51st season of the Lapeer County Concert Choir! So please mark your calendars for our first Monday evening rehearsal, September 10, 2018 at 7:00 PM at our usual Lapeer location, Trinity United Methodist Church. Please come early to register.

For our Fall/Christmas program our director, Dr. Eddie Howell has selected pieces by John Rutter – always popular with both singers and audience. The tentative program order is listed below – along with YouTube links for each piece.

For Spring 2019, Eddie has drawn from the Gospel music genre with its earthy melodies and catchy rhythms. Again program selections and YouTube links follow below.

LCCC 51st Season (Fall 2018 & Spring 2019) – “Pilgrims on a Journey”

1. 1. Fall 2018 LCCC Concert Selections:

Theme: “Pilgrims on a Journey - Bound for Bethlehem”

Follow That Star                                                                                                                       Brian Lewis

What Sweeter Music                                                                                                                John Rutter

Joy to the World!                                                                                                                       John Rutter

1. 1. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Choir and audience w/ piano)

1. 2. Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming (Choir – a cappella)

1. 3. ‘Twas in the Moon of Winter Time (Choir – a cappella)

1. 4. Joy to the World! (Choir and audience w/ piano)

1. 5. It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (Choir and audience w/ piano)
  2. 6. Away in A Manger (Choir – a cappella)

1. 7. Silent Night (Choir – a cappella)

1. 8. O Little Town of Bethlehem (Choir and audience w/ piano)

Intermission

1. 9. Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow (Choir – a cappella)

1. 10. In Dulci Jublio (Choir – a cappella) – Latin and English

1. 11. How Great Our Joy! (Choir w/ piano)

1. 12. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks (Choir and audience w/ piano)
  2. 13. Three Kings of Orient (Choir with piano)

1. 14. Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella (Choir with piano) – French and English

1. 15.  God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen (Choir and audience w/ piano)

Encore      Let There Be Peace on Earth                                                                     Craig Courtney    

1. 2. Spring 2019 LCCC Concert Selections:

Theme: “Pilgrims on a Journey - Bound for Glory”

His Eye Is on the Sparrow

I Sing Because I’m Happy                                                                                       arr.  Rollo Dilworth

When We All Get to Heaven

Heavenly Home: Three American Songs                                                       arr. Shawn Kirchner

1.Hallelujah

2. Angel Band

3. Unclouded Day

Gospel Mass                                                                                                                                 Robert Ray

1.  I.  Kyrie – Lord Have Mercy
  2. II.  Gloria – Glory to God in the Highest

III.  Credo – I Believe in God

1. IV.  Sanctus – Holy, Holy Lord God of Hosts
  2.  V.  Agnus Dei – Lamb of God

Encore    He Never Failed Me Yet                                                                                                Robert Ray